Is this frostbite and is it severe enough to need treatment?

MGG

Anxiously Awaiting Spring
Premium Feather Member
Feb 7, 2020
Midwest USA
That's great if it's just blood! Did it all come off? You can use a soft toothbrush to scrub it too.

ackie

previously jwehl // dogs & cats & squirrels oh my!
Nov 3, 2020
Atlanta GA
That's good! I'm glad they're ok. Watch for any more fighting. Could they be getting their combs stuck somehow?
I have a theory for that already.

Mom & babies decided to sleep in the pen on the end which is where the feeder is so it's been closed until I get up in the morning, which means I'm letting everybody to the food at the same time in the morning instead of letting Foghorn graze from sun-up til I get up (since he sleeps outside). So I have added more feeders and actually put food in the pen as well.

MGG

Premium Feather Member
Feb 7, 2020
Midwest USA
I have a theory for that already.

Mom & babies decided to sleep in the pen on the end which is where the feeder is so it's been closed until I get up in the morning, which means I'm letting everybody to the food at the same time in the morning instead of letting Foghorn graze from sun-up til I get up (since he sleeps outside). So I have added more feeders and actually put food in the pen as well.
Oh, ok! Hopefully that fixes the problem. 👍

ackie

previously jwehl // dogs & cats & squirrels oh my!
Nov 3, 2020
Atlanta GA
Oh, ok! Hopefully that fixes the problem. 👍
I hope so too!

Foghorn has his own ladies
Speckles seems to get ladies who dont have anyone else..maybe Foghorns rejects
Avary & Snowflake have like 16 pullets they go around with but Avary is definitely above Snowflake bc he'll run SF off a hen.

MGG

Premium Feather Member
Feb 7, 2020
Midwest USA
I hope so too!

Foghorn has his own ladies
Speckles seems to get ladies who dont have anyone else..maybe Foghorns rejects
Avary & Snowflake have like 16 pullets they go around with but Avary is definitely above Snowflake bc he'll run SF off a hen.
They probably just got into a squabble. Poor Speckles, lol.

Top Bottom