Is this gold dillute?

That might explain why some of my gold necks are pale yellow and others have mahogany. One is the dominent white version and the other is just gold-neck, carrying two copies of the splash. Cool beans...I'm getting this- I hope.

Nuts. Same as with blue basically.

What i really dream of is a lav and chocolate patterened with red leakage, though lav and choc are supposed to cancel each other out and are impossible genetically............ I've been trying to dream up combos that would look the same and breed true? I like the "leaky" chocolate color vs the "pure", it has a nice warm tone to it . Very similar to the rusty brown of a dilluted gold. So if i have a blue/ gold base bird and i breed it to a lav pattern (porcelain) will there be any chance of "red leakage" that would darken the color? (Second generation, i know that the first generation will be black, not lav pattern)

What about a brown based bird? You showed the pic of the brown leghorn................? One of my gold barred girls was wildtype (chipmunk chick) but i think the other may have been a brown base? (pure brown shaded chick)

Could i put her with the porcelain roo and breed for a brown base with a lav pattern?

I am so torn between the citron color and the brown and blues!

Nothing impossible about Chocolate and Lavender...

love.gif
silkies are neat, they look like dusters...........

the reason i wanted to breed in lav is so it would breed true............but since they both inhibit black don't they cancel each other out? Does anyone have a bird with both copies of the lav and both copies of the chocolate?

love.gif
silkies are neat, they look like dusters...........

the reason i wanted to breed in lav is so it would breed true............but since they both inhibit black don't they cancel each other out? Does anyone have a bird with both copies of the lav and both copies of the chocolate?
they wont cancel each other, I have not seen lav/lav choc/choc birds yet, but I have seen lav/lav Bl/bl+(blue) birds so its not impossible

This beige color is out of this world!!!!!! THAT"S the color I like.
True... sex linked Chocolate(choc/choc) and Dun(I^d) can do that

i thought because blue only had one copy that it allowed expression, but 2 wouldn't ? But there are lav pattern birds (porcelain) so i thought that would be a good place to start since the pattern gene is strong enough to allow for the straw to be there :)

I will take a picture of my little up and coming roo today, he's 6 weeks now! Time flies. Hopefully the camera will capture all the pastel buff i am seeing in his feather pattern! I don't remember my other gold roo having the buff until he got his sickles and hackle in..........? I am sure he is a roo because the other chick who has a decent size comb was chest bumping this one daily for a while, but the others weren't ......So i got 2 roos and 4 hens so far out of this hatch. :)

Back
Top Bottom