Is this gold dillute?

Quote: Oh, that's just mean, lol. Do you ever run out of neat ideas?

He's much like my hen was, only much cleaner lacing, of course! Makes a strong case for the laced boys........Here i am with all my questions and now you got me wondering about dominant white, lol. So that's a "gold" rooster with a dominant white hen, or a white rooster with a gold hen? How did the blue get in? lol. You keep giving me more stuff to ponder. I'm pretty sure most of the white around here isn't dominant.

Oh, that's just mean, lol. Do you ever run out of neat ideas?

He's much like my hen was, only much cleaner lacing, of course! Makes a strong case for the laced boys........Here i am with all my questions and now you got me wondering about dominant white, lol. So that's a "gold" rooster with a dominant white hen, or a white rooster with a gold hen? How did the blue get in? lol. You keep giving me more stuff to ponder. I'm pretty sure most of the white around here isn't dominant.
both parent had to be gold laced sebright, one of the parent was carrying one or two copy of dominant white, you see dominant white has some issues diluting Pg(pattern gene) and Melanotic, thats why it kinds of look like blue/blueish... but you get the idea how a blue could look like... this rooster has the Henny feathering gene, thats why he doesnt look like a rooster..

Oh, OK. I understood that one i think! Gotta go for the night, i have one more early work day then i will have a few days to go back over all this information!

:)

Thank you for humoring me

Last edited:
Has anyone ever done a blue laced lemon/ cream? (would probably look like porcelain) Or put a cream/lemon pattern with a chocolate?
Someone suggested this bird might have dun and cream. I don't know his genetics, but I got him from Jerry for my project.

so with his wings not being SO dark, I take it this is just...i don't know. Does cream not dilute the shoulder area at all?

here a sorta of Blue(heterozygous dominant white) not cream on him just natural gold diluted by one copy of dominant white
OK, i got a bit of sleep......... :) Since this isn't technically blue does that mean it would breed true? Or would you lose it with another copy of the dom. white?

Does dom white and cream work pretty much the same way?

Last edited:
OK, i got a bit of sleep......... :) Since this isn't technically blue does that mean it would breed true? Or would you lose it with another copy of the dom. white?

Does dom white and cream work pretty much the same way?
it wont breed true because its only one copy of dominant white so you will some black laced and some bluish laced birds.... Dominant white Dilutes gold(nont enhanced by Mahogany) to an almost cream tone, but not as much...

the only difference between a gold lace wyandotte and a "Buff" laced Wyandotte(they lack Dilute or cream) is Dominant white making them buff colored instead of gold...

another example..

Gold laced polish hen..

Buff(buff color) laced polish hen, dominant white doing all the Dilution...

dominant white dilutes? or is it the gene alltached to its locus. like dun?
Dominant white Dilutes gold(not red enhanced my Mahogany) Homozygous form Dilutes more so than Heterozygous, most buff laced wyandottes and Red Pyle birds carry heterozygous dominant white, Dun does not dilute gold as much or at all..

some Buff laced wyandottes are infact Splash(two copies of blue) Blue/splash dilutes gold but not as much as dominant white(its more powerful on ER birchen background)

Back
Top Bottom