Is this gosling ok?

Ok I have 3 sturdy stalls 2 of them are for the horses and the pigmy's the other one is big enough for 2-4 geese. I been looking at different breeds and I find the Emblem and Pilgrim nice but the White Chinese most striking I might go looking for some on my local Kijiji classified and see what's for sale.

Last edited:
Ok I have 3 sturdy stalls 2 of them are for the horses and the pigmy's the other one is big enough for 2-4 geese. I been looking at different breeds and I find the Emblem and Pilgrim nice but the White Chinese most striking I might go looking for some on my local Kijiji classified and see what's for sale.
Hope it works out, let us know. geese are just so cool.

Can you close the barn doors to keep the predators out of there? Not just the stall doors but the barn doors. Because the predators will do anything to get into the bids!!!

Yes the barn doors are closed every night at 8.00. This week I will be getting a young Chinese gosling for free and a pair of Emblem geese for $60 .Tomorrow I will be getting the Chinese gosling and on Thursday I will be picking the Emblems.
I'm so EXCITED!!
wee.gif

Donne make sure every night you put you geese up that you do a walk through and check no predators have went in the barn un noticed. Just for your geese protection. Raccoons tend to go into places and hide.
We had a raccoon bold enough to come into our garage and go get into our bags of feed both horse feed and the geese feed. We had to get her because every night she'd be up here in the garage. I know next on her menu was going to be my duck because she was digging on the side trying to get into him. So we put a heave stone there and she moved it and as digging more. We had to place it in the ground so she could not move it...
This is how stubborn raccoons are....

Yes the barn doors are closed every night at 8.00. This week I will be getting a young Chinese gosling for free and a pair of Emblem geese for $60 .Tomorrow I will be getting the Chinese gosling and on Thursday I will be picking the Emblems.
I'm so EXCITED!!
wee.gif
How exciting. Congrats and take RURU's caution to heart, Raccoons, foxes, coyotes, roaming dogs are always looking for ways to get our flock members. Look forward to seeing pics..

Back
Top Bottom