Is this ISA Brown a male or female?

joshman02

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
Hoping this little one is a rooster, but having my doubts. It seems to have a strut when it walks around and will walk up to me when I open the door. The chick is about 4 weeks old. What are your thoughts?

In this photo it is the one in the middle with the blurred head.

If you are SURE it's an ISA Brown, then that is a pullet for sure. ISA Browns are sex-linked, which means (in this case) that the pullets are red and the cockerels are white.

I did not know that. They came fro ma local TSC store that listed them as straighrun, but it sounds like that may have been false, since all the birds were red.

I did not know that. They came fro ma local TSC store that listed them as straighrun, but it sounds like that may have been false, since all the birds were red.
ISA Browns are rarely if ever sold straight run, since they are so easy to sex visually at hatch. But, it being TSC, who knows what you bought. I'm much more surprised by a TSC having a breed right than mixing them up any more.

Bump! Now that it's 3 months later, how have your chicks grown? I have 4 Isa browns, 3 from a farm last year and 1 from TSC. My Isas are all brown with a little white in the neck. Curious what you determined your babies to be.

That did all end up to be hens. I'm getting about an egg every two days, per lady now.

Back
Top Bottom