7 Years
Dec 18, 2016
Bullock, NC
Found this issue to late for a full correction but with work can it be

Attachments

• 66887E54-538B-4B05-B5D5-7B343FA760D9.jpeg
    66887E54-538B-4B05-B5D5-7B343FA760D9.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 16
Can you provide some details? Can she stand and walk, and is one leg stronger? The ankles appear swollen, but are the hocks swollen as well. Are the toes in the leg foot curled under? I am not familiar with peafowl, but on first glance this might be a slipped tendon or a possible leg bone deformity called valgus deformity in one or both legs. That can give the legs a knockkneed appearance. @casportpony may eventually see this tag and offer help. Here is a picture of valgus deformity in the right leg:
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...9533189128@1520458219113/figure-fig4_Q320.jpg

I believe this happened after putting him in a Wire cage after putting it on blocks to get it off the ground. It appears the one leg may have gotten stuck and he pulled to get unstuck. One leg is backwards and the other in the front, like doing a split. The tendon doesn’t appeared slipped. He is unable to walk. Reminds me of a splayed leg in a chick.

I believe this happened after putting him in a Wire cage after putting it on blocks to get it off the ground. It appears the one leg may have gotten stuck and he pulled to get unstuck. One leg is backwards and the other in the front, like doing a split. The tendon doesn’t appeared slipped. He is unable to walk. Reminds me of a splayed leg in a chick.
That is called the twisted tibia, think of the leg bone comes out of the hip socket. The ligaments that should hold the bone in the socket have been damaged and without surgery, it can not be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom