Is this leg mites?

scjcb37

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2017
Is this leg mites? It has been slowly getting worse over the course of a few weeks. She is a 3 1/2 yo light Brahma. She is eating, and pooping just fine. I haven’t observed any symptoms but what is shown in the picture. She resides in a large coop with 3 other girls, none of which have this. I have given her warm soaks, cleaned her legs with a soft toothbrush, & have put green goo herbal salve on her legs. None of which has cleared it up. It is looking worse. I would really appreciate input from this group. TY in advance!!
(I have made a second post regarding a spot on her comb. I didn’t know if I should put the 2 together on one post or if it is 2 separate issues? So please if they are connected let me know)

Attachments

• B7AEE1FD-603F-428B-AE55-1037B6AD92F6.jpeg
    B7AEE1FD-603F-428B-AE55-1037B6AD92F6.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 51807DCA-0BE1-462D-9AED-882FE7CF7E26.jpeg
    51807DCA-0BE1-462D-9AED-882FE7CF7E26.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 7
Is this leg mites? It has been slowly getting worse over the course of a few weeks. She is a 3 1/2 yo light Brahma. She is eating, and pooping just fine. I haven’t observed any symptoms but what is shown in the picture. She resides in a large coop with 3 other girls, none of which have this. I have given her warm soaks, cleaned her legs with a soft toothbrush, & have put green goo herbal salve on her legs. None of which has cleared it up. It is looking worse. I would really appreciate input from this group. TY in advance!!
(I have made a second post regarding a spot on her comb. I didn’t know if I should put the 2 together on one post or if it is 2 separate issues? So please if they are connected let me know)
yes it is

Just went through a bought of mites myself. Nasty little things. We cleaned their coop throughly and sprayed Spinosad and then covered all our birds with Permethrine dust. We had NFMs though. I would assume Permethrine would do the job
TY!!

Back
Top Bottom