is this little chick ok?!

Quote:
so far little chick is moving around the bator i really think the other chicks bouncing him around and kncoking his shell off made him just a little too dry other that not making it out of the shell by himself he/she looks good
celebrate.gif

Quote:
sure did i too him out already his wings were stuck to his head! i dont think he would have made it out by himself i think the other chciks knocking his shell off dried him out too much he is moving around the bator so i think he will be ok

SEX IT!!! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!! squeeze poop out of its butt, and take a picture of its butt, post it here and someone with experience will come along and tell you its gender!!!!

Quote:
I wouldn;t do this - you can damage your chick. Let it be for a while it's really not important at this stage what sex it is just that it is alive and doing well. Sexing a chick is a difficult job and hard to do even at a few more weeks old unles its a breed like the Legbar that are different colours so you can tell right away. Please don;t do this to your chick it is not good for it to squeeze anything out of a newly hatched chick!!!!!!!!!!

Oesdog
hmm.png

Quote:
I wouldn;t do this - you can damage your chick. Let it be for a while it's really not important at this stage what sex it is just that it is alive and doing well. Sexing a chick is a difficult job and hard to do even at a few more weeks old unles its a breed like the Legbar that are different colours so you can tell right away. Please don;t do this to your chick it is not good for it to squeeze anything out of a newly hatched chick!!!!!!!!!!

Oesdog
hmm.png

th.gif
IDNKT know!!

The next time you need to help and are afraid of opening the bator you can do the following. Take 2 large clean pillow cases and some 1-2 inch tape like the paper tape they have at the blood lab when you get a draw done, you can find this online. Drape the pillow cases around the sides of the bator and fasten the edges with the paper tape to the top of the bator. This will allow you to work with CLEAN hands inside the bator without letting cooler air in and moisture out . You can have ready warm distilled water in an eye dropper to help wet the chick to help it slip out of the shell. Remember to wash your hands and anything that goes in the bator ere use!

Back
Top Bottom