is this mean?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duck mommy 2019, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Duck mommy 2019

Duck mommy 2019 Chirping

Apr 1, 2019
    i don’t know if anyone knows what tik tok is but it’s a really fun app that i have and i was looking on the for you page and saw someone throwing their duck in the air. is this mean and does it hurt the duck or would it be ok to do? i can provide a link if u don’t get what i’m talking about

2. Wolfefarmyard

Wolfefarmyard Crowing

Aug 18, 2017
    Gansevoort, NY
    Definitely not okay.

It’s not safe to throw any live animal in the air.

3. Duck mommy 2019

Duck mommy 2019 Chirping

Apr 1, 2019
    ok thank you that’s what i thought. i tried commenting something about how it shouldn’t be thrown in the video but everyone thinks it’s ok bc they guy doing it is “famous”

mixedUPturk and Trimurtisan like this.
  4. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Addict

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    :hmm I don't care how famous he is. It is not ok.

Domestic ducks are bred so they CANNOT fly.

5. Jpat

Jpat Free Ranging

Apr 30, 2018
    Nova scotia
    Mabye a little more context?

thats like saying " Is it okay to throw my infant in the air?" it sounds horrible but every fathers done it.

My drake that lived indoors loved when i tossed him in the air to land in the bathtub. Sometimes i caught him. So i guess ive done it

Now that hes full grown he still likes when i throw him and he can "fly" back down

mixedUPturk and Trimurtisan like this.
  6. Mvan42

Mvan42 Songster

Mar 15, 2019
    Garrett County, Maryland
    IMO: I feel that it depends on the context. If he is throwing the duck in a way it could be injured then yes it is mean. If it is a safe way and (as said above). For fun and the duck likes it and it isn’t to harm then no I say not mean.

7. Duckworth

Duckworth Songster

May 15, 2017
    U.S. Prairie
    If your duck hasn't been thrown before and has little or no experience flying, then mean or nice, I probably wouldn't do it just to post it on YouTube. It's great if it works out, but would really stink if you injured your duck. A duck landing in water is also much less likely to cause injury than a duck landing on the ground. The bigger the duck, the harder the landing on legs that really weren't designed to absorb a lot of impact. Domestic ducks that can fly a little have some lift from their wings that gives them a gentler landing than a duck suddenly thrown without knowing what to expect and that may or may not get some lift from its wings befor hitting the ground.

8. Duck mommy 2019

Duck mommy 2019 Chirping

Apr 1, 2019
    idk if they bird is being hurt by it but i was just wondering if it’s ok to do go ducks or mean

Miss Lydia and mixedUPturk like this.
  9. slordaz

slordaz hatchaholic

Apr 15, 2015
    Idaho
    Tiktok isn't fun for one according to the police along with about 9 othersapp that share information with anyone even if it is a young child playing on their parents. 2 from way you said it don't have enough information to say for sure but I do not want a link to an app kidnappers and pedophiles use to find their next victim according to news and police

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  10. Halfpasthen

Halfpasthen Songster

Jan 29, 2019
    The link would be helpful. No judgement could possibly be made from the description provided.

Miss Lydia and mixedUPturk like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: