Is this membrane normal?

This is horrible to watch. I don’t have a different incubator to put him in.

Attachments

• 4CC4DD08-43BB-46F3-9F0F-60778164AD9A.jpeg
    4CC4DD08-43BB-46F3-9F0F-60778164AD9A.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 20
Okay, I don’t know why in the world he hatched so fast. My humidity and temp are great. I hurried up and grabbed the little guy and stuck him in a cup with a damp paper towel in the incubator. I only did this because he was flailing about and knocking all the other eggs all over the incubator. Fingers crossed the rest of my hatch goes okay.

We culled the little fella. His intestines were outside of his body and he was suffering. I didn’t see the sense in waiting it out, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. The other ones have zipped a bit more, and I don’t see any blood or yuck.

Congrats hope all others go well for you. It's amazing to watch for the first time isn't it.
It is!! Other than that first poor little fella. He hatched so fast. A pip to a full blown hatch in maybe 20 minutes. I noticed though, he busted out of his egg when it was really only a little over halfway zipped. The other 6 all waited until it was completely zipped all the way around. One of them double checked his zip with a second flip around, lol. The 6 that have hatched so far are doing great!

I still have 4 in the incubator. 3 pipped and one wiggling with no pip. Late bloomers I hope.

I'm
It is!! Other than that first poor little fella. He hatched so fast. A pip to a full blown hatch in maybe 20 minutes. I noticed though, he busted out of his egg when it was really only a little over halfway zipped. The other 6 all waited until it was completely zipped all the way around. One of them double checked his zip with a second flip around, lol. The 6 that have hatched so far are doing great!

I still have 4 in the incubator. 3 pipped and one wiggling with no pip. Late bloomers I hope.
sure your kids are so excited?

Back
Top Bottom