Is this normal or a phase?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickengal505, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Songster

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I posted this in the injury section but got no repsponce. Mods please, feel free to shut one down if needed, I just wasn't getting answers over there. I went to TSC and got three chicks. Bantam frizzle, Frankie (one in question) and her sisters (barred rocks) Poka and Dots Frankie doesn't lay down to sleep by hersef... [​IMG] she'll fall asleep standing up and then I'll press down gently on her back and she'll lay down. Now dots is sleeping standing up with her head resting on the ground and her bum in the air, It looks like she's mooning somone. Anyone know whats wrong? I've raised mutiple flocks from chicks and they have never done this before... [​IMG] please help thanks

2. domino7

domino7 Songster

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    That seems pretty normal for very young chicks. Nothing to worry about.

3. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Songster

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    My chicks do that all the time, perfectly normal [​IMG]

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Crowing

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

5. X2Farm

X2Farm Songster

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Sounds bout normal! In fact, just about 20 minutes ago, went to check on a batch of chicks, and there was a lil WCB Polish standin up with his tush flappin in the breeze and his head turned a bit, and the topknot resting on the shavings... like he was tryin to look through his legs to his tail [​IMG] Mind you, he was SOUND asleep!!!

Never have the camera when I need it [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  6. Justanother Brooke

Justanother Brooke Songster

Jan 29, 2011
    Goldendale, WA
    Mine did that all the time. Worried me the first time, then just cracked me up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: