Is this normal or ok?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Kaelinstorm, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Is it normal or ok for a Blue Silkie to have a white barring? Seems mostly present on the wings, near the tips. Does that mean anything? I just seem to always see other peoples Blue silkies and they are just that... blue... sometimes with a touch of blue so blue its black but this is obviously a striping effect.

2. NicoleRM

NicoleRM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2007
    Williston, FL
    Blue cuckoo maybe? Or grey? Got a pic?

3. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Its not a very good one but Ill try and see if you can see it. If not I will wait until she dries and take another picture. (I gave her a bath today to help with the heat) [​IMG]

I tried to highlight what Im talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think she is about 8 weeks old.

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    It just hasn't grown out all the baby fuzz and feathers yet. Wait until it has it's adult feathers and it should be one even tone of blue.

5. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Ok [​IMG] Well At least I know that if she does get the barring then it would be normal LOL. By the way since Im thinking about it would you call this buff or a light partridge? This one seems to have a bit of a darker colour in the wings but I have seen people say the buffs almost look white. Unless she is a darker buff and those spots will go away...? Should I just be patient on this one too? [​IMG]

Thanks again [​IMG]

Edit: Oops forgot the picture LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by