Is this normal poo?

Simplyrla

Songster
Mar 31, 2018
Southwest Missouri
My week old chicks have been occaionally poohing a brown gooey type poo .I am VERY new to the chicken world .One place said that every once in a while it was normal for chicks tp poo a brownish type poo but I would like to know if this is true as you can read a lot of different stuff on the net. I looked at the poo chart and really didn't see a similar picture .Any help or advice is appreciated .

My week old chicks have been occaionally poohing a brown gooey type poo .I am VERY new to the chicken world .One place said that every once in a while it was normal for chicks tp poo a brownish type poo but I would like to know if this is true as you can read a lot of different stuff on the net. I looked at the poo chart and really didn't see a similar picture .Any help or advice is appreciated .
WELCOME TO THE SITE.:)

its called a secle poop and it completely normal! chickens ferment some of their food in their crop to absorb nutrients. Every once and a while they empty that out and it's very stinky and sometimes orange or foamy. No need to worry!
Side note: if there is blood in the poop than your chick has coccidiosis. very common in chicks but can be fatal if not treated. get some corid and do some research. it might be helpful to have some nutri drench on hand for extra help.
just the normal secle poops aren't a problem though!! welcome to BYC

its called a secle poop and it completely normal! chickens ferment some of their food in their crop to absorb nutrients. Every once and a while they empty that out and it's very stinky and sometimes orange or foamy. No need to worry!
Side note: if there is blood in the poop than your chick has coccidiosis. very common in chicks but can be fatal if not treated. get some corid and do some research. it might be helpful to have some nutri drench on hand for extra help.

Back
Top Bottom