Is this normal

Most drakes are territorial they don't like to share their girls with other drakes and they can even be that way towards their humans too.
ok just wandering because my male lemon likes to try to bite off you r fingers. He only does that at night. My khaki campbell Perry just goes in the corner

ok just wandering because my male lemon likes to try to bite off you r fingers. He only does that at night. My khaki campbell Perry just goes in the corner
Some drakes are more temperamental than others. Best thing to do is not give him a chance if you are trying to pet him best not to once hormones settle he should be better. My Muscovy drakes bites once in a while too it's usually if I have on my work gloves he doesn't like gloves of any kind. So I don't pet him when I have on my gloves.

I did not know that. I have to touch him to put them to bed. He just coo koo trying to get. I use gloves but it still hurts.

I did not know that. I have to touch him to put them to bed. He just coo koo trying to get. I use gloves but it still hurts.
Well if you have to pick him up then i would dif suggest gloves. Heavy ones if he is biting you hard. I have also had to put my drake down on his belly a few times from getting hateful with me. You put one hand where neck meets body and the other where tail meets body then you gently push them down. And hold them there till they stop fighting. This is similar to how another drake would discipline another drake. We have to let them know it is not acceptable behavior for them to bite us.

I do something similar but instead I just put my hands on the back of his back and gently push down until he sits. Usually gets him to have good behavior. The thing is I use to be treated like the alpha but not anymore be dosent listen too me.

Last edited:
I do something similar but instead I just put my hands on the back of his back and gently push down until he sits. Usually gets him to have good behavior. The thing is I use to be treated like the alpha but not anymore be dosent listen too me.
How old is he, when they are young and very hormonal you just have to keep it up they will eventually get the idea. But you have to be consistent. First time I experienced this with my drake and I had another drake and he had never acted this way but I had gotten him when he were older around 5 months old so I didn't handle him when he was young he never bit me or attacked me so I was very surprised when my young drake I hand raised since hatch acted like this and it started when he was around 5 months old, he would leap through the air and hit my back or if I sat down he would try to climb up my leg or arm. He was just starting into puberty and boy was he getting out of hand, I even had people tell me to kill him that he would never get any better but worse. Then some members who had experience with this told me to get tough. When Opie would come after me I would take the broom and put it between us to stop him if he insisted on coming anyway I would sweep him away from me If he jumped on me I would toss him in the pool and believe me many times he would just get out and come at me again. But I just kept it up holding him down not letting him climb on me and never biting me. He finally got the picture. that I was not going to put up with his antics and I was not going to be his mate. .Another thing I did was I got him some females. I know this isn't always easy to do but I still think you can show him your the alpha duck you just have to keep at it. What you said about when you push him down it usually gets him to have good behavior is answer, being consistent it the key.

Ok so be consistent and show who's boss. He is 7 months and he hes been doing around 5 months and has only gotten worse. I'll try what you said also I tried the neck and tail thing he would stop a couple sec and right at it stop repeat

Last edited:
Thanks miss Lydia I already see results he's a quick learner. I had to about 3 Times last night. Lemon tried again this morning with my jacket so every time he lunged I would tap his beak. The only problem he doesn't act like my lemon now it's like he is afraid of me

Thanks miss Lydia I already see results he's a quick learner. I had to about 3 Times last night. Lemon tried again this morning with my jacket so every time he lunged I would tap his beak. The only problem he doesn't act like my lemon now it's like he is afraid of me
Right now he needs to learn to respect you once he learns this he'll not be afraid, this is a new learning experience. Just be consistent. I have a wonderful relationship with my drake even though I still every once in a while have to let him know I won't put up with his nonsense.

okay thanks for all your help I'll let you know how he's doing in a couple weeks but for right now I think heres a picture of them can you send a pic of yours

Back
Top Bottom