Is this normal?

20744276d5c1fdf170e10075ae81805d.jpg

And Obsessive Chicken Disorder can also lead to AAD, Animal Acquisition Disorder! We went from a 1/10th of an acre with 6 ducks to a 50 acre farm and now I have approximately 115 critters at the moment, not including the approximately 50 new babies (ducks, geese, chicks, and poults) that have arrived over the past couple weeks. And I've got three broodys sitting on eggs. And 28 eggs in the incubator. And I know I'm getting adult Orpingtons in the next month or two.

They'll really learn to love you if you bring them a few treats... :love

LOL You're crazy. :p

I hope my chickens start loving me soon. Right now I go into their new coop and they act like I'm the overbearing mother invading their privacy. They hate it when I hold them and try to kiss them. My husband says I smother them. So maybe if I go into the coop and pretend not to notice them then they'll like me more? Reverse psychology!

And Obsessive Chicken Disorder can also lead to AAD, Animal Acquisition Disorder! We went from a 1/10th of an acre with 6 ducks to a 50 acre farm and now I have approximately 115 critters at the moment, not including the approximately 50 new babies (ducks, geese, chicks, and poults) that have arrived over the past couple weeks. And I've got three broodys sitting on eggs. And 28 eggs in the incubator. And I know I'm getting adult Orpingtons in the next month or two.

LOL

Any more chickens for me and we'll have to start thinking about moving to a different house with more land. I only have an acre and it's all uphill.

My husband enables me. He works 3rd shift, so sends me pictures of our chickens while I'm at work.

There should be a TV show for chickoholics similar to Intervention. "I've seen [chickens] negatively impact your life in the following ways...you no longer want to leave the house, you've lost your job, you're neglecting your spouse, you smell like poop all the time, etc."

Well at least I'm not the only one :lol:

Work, pfff. When is it time to go home & check on the chickens?!
And I really really need to stop checking farm & garden on CL while at work, because then I usually end up with more chickens :lau
There may or may not be 100 more showing up at the farm the next 2 days :oops:

LOL You're crazy. :p

I hope my chickens start loving me soon. Right now I go into their new coop and they act like I'm the overbearing mother invading their privacy. They hate it when I hold them and try to kiss them. My husband says I smother them. So maybe if I go into the coop and pretend not to notice them then they'll like me more? Reverse psychology!
They will. We did three tsc batches the same and one mama raised. The first batch follow me like I am their goddess. Second batch (with exception of a little chatterbox) ignore me and third batch (again one exception)run like I am the meanest person ever. The mama batch are still young and trying to figure me out but at least they do not run.

And I really really need to stop checking farm & garden on CL while at work, because then I usually end up with more chickens :lau
There may or may not be 100 more showing up at the farm the next 2 days :oops:

I'm banning myself from craigslist. That place is nothing but trouble. That's how I ended up here in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom