Is this normal

Braylon sweat

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2018
ZIP: 71403
Today after school I went to do my chickens and I almost had a heart attack. There where a ton of feathers in the coop but all chickens are a counted and unharmed. No holes near the coop nor any other signs of a break in. But one of my big chickens was lossing a lot of feathers. I picked her up and she jumped down and it looked like a fox attacked her. So is this a predictor problem or molting ( she's 16 mouths )

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
Today after school I went to do my chickens and I almost had a heart attack. There where a ton of feathers in the coop but all chickens are a counted and unharmed. No holes near the coop nor any other signs of a break in. But one of my big chickens was lossing a lot of feathers. I picked her up and she jumped down and it looked like a fox attacked her. So is this a predictor problem or molting ( she's 16 mouths )
Photos?

Braylon sweat

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2018
What makes you think a fox attacked her? Was there blood and cuts? Do you think you could post a picture of her wounds?
I'm pretty certain its molting, as NoFlyBackFarm said. A predator probably would have killed them, not leaving much room for guesswork. ;)
No cuts its just when I hold her and she squaks off a ton of feathers come off of her

Braylon sweat

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2018
This was from me holding her

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Top Bottom