Is this normal?

amibpoe

In the Brooder
May 4, 2020
Does the fluff on these ducklings look normal? They don’t feel wet but the fluff looks clump s like they’re wet. I also have one that sort of honks when she breathes. I’m new to ducks and unfamiliar with duckling behavior. They are 11days old.

Attachments

• E498F66C-83E8-410A-AC1D-72570C925E5A.jpeg
    E498F66C-83E8-410A-AC1D-72570C925E5A.jpeg
    774.3 KB · Views: 47
Sorry to laugh maybe just voice changing. Did you buy straight run or sexed? If you can get a better pic of the wet one that might help. Could it be from playing in the water? My 2 week old duckling are always wet when out with their mama from playing in the water puddles. Does the down feel wet?

Sorry to laugh maybe just voice changing. Did you buy straight run or sexed? If you can get a better pic of the wet one that might help. Could it be from playing in the water? My 2 week old duckling are always wet when out with their mama from playing in the water puddles. Does the down feel wet?
They do feel moist all the time. Not dripping. I incubated them myself. I didn’t think voices changed this early?? At 10 days old? (I was mistaken on age). They’re welsh harlequins, if bill color is correct there are two female and three male.

Well I’m just not sure. They do make a little sneezing/cough sound occasionally. They have seemed more “lazy” the past day or two.

Back
Top Bottom