Is this normal?

Once Stan is off all meds and it has been determined it's arthritis try him on Cosequin with MSM. A member here took her duck to the vet when her duck was having trouble walking the vet recommended Cosequin with MSM. She also sent me some to try with my Muscovy drake who had injured his leg and walked with a limp which I believe caused arthritis, he passed away 3 weeks ago at the age of 12.5 years but his last year he had no limp which I believe was because of the Cosequin.
That may be something to ask the vet about if it is arthritis.

Once Stan is off all meds and it has been determined it's arthritis try him on Cosequin with MSM. A member here took her duck to the vet when her duck was having trouble walking the vet recommended Cosequin with MSM. She also sent me some to try with my Muscovy drake who had injured his leg and walked with a limp which I believe caused arthritis, he passed away 3 weeks ago at the age of 12.5 years but his last year he had no limp which I believe was because of the Cosequin.
So my dog actually was just prescribed dausuquin for arthritis (he’s almost 11); I wonder if they are the same - both supplements are super expensive but worth it 100% if they work. Would be a bonus if they can share this one though. I’m sorry to hear about your drake 😞💚

Hi! Yes my Abby struggles so much with her legs - Pekin so that isn't uncommon. The vet has her on meloxicam (1/2 of a 7.5mg tab every day) and 1 tsp of a product called

Nutramax Cosequin Optimized with MSM Joint Health Supplement for Horses - Powder with Glucosamine and Chondroitin, 1400 Grams​

My experience with this course has been very positive. She still struggles some days but I don't think she would be walking at all if it wasn't for this combination. She's 6 years old now and has had these problems since she was a year old - and been on the meloxicam for 5 years and cosequin with MSM for 4 years. I hope this helps if you decide to try it with Stan!

Thank you! We are headed to the vet today (hopefully, I just called and left a message) - he was ok this morning but I noticed more heavy breathing when just out giving him some food and I saw yellowish, thick discharge from his sinuses. So, I guess maybe now he’s got an upper respiratory infection despite being on antibiotics? Or, maybe a reaction to the change in bedding in their house- suspiciously this has appeared a day after I changed over all of their bedding to a new brand. Heimlich (my other duck) and the chickens are all fine so far…

It could be the hemp maybe change it out once you have talked to the vet.
Seems to be where he’s leaning but we are culturing and x ray also to be sure- figured it would be worth it to rule out since he does live with 5 chickens and another duck, so if he has something so do theyz

Back
Top Bottom