Is this normal?

Chickenclucker

Songster
10 Years
Sep 7, 2012
Western Slope, Co
This is my 16 week old cockeral..pretty healthy looking..right..until you see the top of his crest

and OOHH mygoooo

Anyways, question- is this normal for a chicken to lose feathers and regrow them (like molting) or does this look like a different problem
Thanks for any replies!

I appreciate your input but idk if im convinced.. Hes a standard size polish rooster in with 5 bantam pullets who are only 1/3 of his size.. And he's the "boss"... That plus that fact that they can't even reach that high lol.. Is it possible that this is normal for roosters/cockerals lose their feathers and grow their "mature" feathers because he's a polish he gets that long hair like look instead of the poof ball like the females. I thought I had seen that somewhere on here but it was a while ago and I wasn't paying attention

My 2 Polish chickens always got their feathers pecked there. Get some Blu-kote and spray their heads every 3 days. It takes 3 weeks for the feathers to start coming in well, and you have to keep it sprayed or they will just pick them out again.

Back
Top Bottom