Is this ok?

KayNova

Chirping
May 24, 2017
I know I just posted a question but I have another to ask. In my brooder, I've stacked two pieces of wood on top of one another to raise the drinking dishes. Obviously the chicks were pooping all over the wood. After it dried it was a real pain to scrape and clean off. So, I experimented a little and wrapped the wood in newspaper and then put pieces of clear packing tape on top so the water wouldn't make the newspaper disintegrate. Then it's just a quick swap out for clean paper. It seems like a lot of work but it's much easier than scraping dried poop off the wood.

Is any of this unsafe?? The newspaper I know is ok but is packing tape a bad idea? I'll attach a picture of my invention haha

Attachments

• 20170530_141744.jpg
    20170530_141744.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 5
Newspaper is fine around chicks, but may I suggest something better? I love to wrap stuff I use in the brooder with Glad Press'n Seal. It wipes clean or you can even hold the wrapped item under the faucet. Then when you're finished brooding, just pull the wrap off and toss it. I use it on cloth items so I don't need to launder them, just wipe them off.

Newspaper is fine around chicks, but may I suggest something better? I love to wrap stuff I use in the brooder with Glad Press'n Seal. It wipes clean or you can even hold the wrapped item under the faucet. Then when you're finished brooding, just pull the wrap off and toss it. I use it on cloth items so I don't need to launder them, just wipe them off.
Great idea!! When this gets pooped on I'll do that next. Much quicker. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom