Is this poo normal? Could this be pee???

The drug amprolium will treat coccidiosis, which they might have, and a sulfa drug will treat some strains of coccidiosis and it will treat other bacterial infections that are susceptible to sulfas. Can you ask a vet about doing a culture and sensitivity test on your sickest bird?

-Kathy

Ok yeah, we had considered treating for coccidiosis. But the respiratory stuff seemed more important. Today they are even better... though 4 did die last night. :( They are better in that they are walking around fine (the ones still living) and none have the cough now.

I need to ask my worker about the poo though. Forgot to ask earlier.

Between this and your other thread about selling birds, I know you live in the tropical climate of Cameroon.
I have to bring this up. Consider that your birds may be too closely confined with insufficient ventilation and outdoor forage time. Large scale poultry keepers that keep their birds closely confined with little ventilation in the tropics of Africa are only able to do so if they vaccinate for Newcastle, IB, Typhoid, Cholera, Gumboro and Fowl Pox.

If your birds had more space, big ventilation and less concentration of feces and moisture, I'd bet you would have less issues.

We did have a lot of problems at first... even though we vaccinated against most or all the things you listed
We made the place a lot more open to help with ventilation and also worked on their feed amounts. Things were going great for a while and then my worker let a bunch of people in the chicken house when we decided to start selling. Have no idea why he did it like that. :/ Then this sickness happened. Now of course he knows not to do that again. Anyway if that had not happened, I think we would be going along much better.

Back
Top Bottom