Is This POOF Normal??

My fiance asked me today:

"Oh man, i love that duck! She looks hardcore! Can we get one with a crazy poof like that!?!"

I had to explain to him you don't just go "get" one with a poof, that your duck has an exceptional large one.

We're planning on getting a crested swedish, and now he wants one with the biggest poof he can find, lol...

(I still think it's funny how an asian man can go from loving duck for dinner, to loving a duck's hairdo. lol)

Last edited:
Hi! She's a beauty!
She has a double crest like my Dub-ya. He's the duckling on the right in this pic.
He never wears barrettes, tho.

I don't know if it's possible to breed for double crests, but I'm trying
smile.png

I have Dub paired with a non crested girl and another pen with 5 crested girls (none double crested) and a non crested drake.

smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:
Dipsy Doodle Doo... That pic is precious! Looked just like Sunshine when she was a duckling. My son actually said "she looks like grandma" (grandma did not appreciate the comment)
gig.gif
But for those who asked me where I got her from... Metzer farms. There is a website you can order as little as 5. I only kept 2 : Sunshine and Quackers (my Cayuga), the others went to a local farm. There was NO question that Sunshine was staying with us. She won the vote hands down.
ya.gif

Last edited:
Here are a couple more pics of Miss Sunshine.. She wasn't too happy about taking more pics. Too cold
rant.gif

9198_img_3165.jpg

Miss Sunshine and her best friend Quackers

9198_img_3166.jpg

Back
Top Bottom