1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

IS THIS POOP NORMAL?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Stepaniechickie, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Stepaniechickie

Stepaniechickie In the Brooder

May 27, 2014
    Georgia
    I have two little chicken. They are three weeks old and today i discovered they had balls of hard poop on their feet. I soaked the yellow ones feet in warm water then lightly scraped the poop off. It went well until she pooped and it looked like this!!! Please tell me what i should do and if its normal or not! I also have five Americana chickens and their poop has never looked like this before! Please help! I'm really scared!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

I can't see it very well with my bad eyes....
    But I don't see anything bad...

3. LindaSmith

LindaSmith In the Brooder

Jul 23, 2014
    Puget Sound, WA
    I'm really glad I saw this. I thought for sure one of my chickens had diarrhea and possibly something serious even though she was acting fine in all other ways. I even went so far as getting the "hospital coop" ready for her. I was looking all over on how to treat for it and find here that it is a normal poop. You don't know how relieved I am. But then, as fellow chicken lovers, you probably do know how relieved I am. Sure hope yours is fine, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by