Is this possible?

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
I have a smoky black barred EE/Niederrheiner (or is he light enough to be called blue?) rooster ruling the roost in a project flock. With him are two Splash Olive Egger hens, who've proven to throw Blue Birchen and Blue Copper when with a BCM rooster. The hens are out of a Splash Marans roo over Blue/Black black Silverrud hens. The rooster came out of a Partridge type EE hen and a lemon barred Niederrheiner, so I wasn't expecting black but there he is.

Could they then throw a blue barred birchen if they're with him? Is that in the realm of possibility? Firing up the new cabinet incubator to find out their range with a test hatch... I do like to pretend I can count them before they hatch. Hahaha

He has 6 different types of ladies with him, the Splash OE, Gold EE, Legbar, Legbar Hybrid, Marans, Marans hybrid. It's my fun group for colorful eggs, since I know what to expect from the Marans and Bresse that I raise pure.

Someone had mentioned before that since he was barred he would throw sexlinks with a non-barred hen... does that include the Splash girls?

I'm so excited to see what comes out of this coop that I can't hardly stand it!

I have a special attachment to the rooster, he's a grandson of the first great rooster we've had here and carries his temperament. He's a cool dude.

20181116_095229~2.jpg

20180916_102543~2.jpg

With the mixed breeds, hybrids, EEs and OEs that's a lot of mixed genes and too many unknowns to know what will be produced.
As for the sex links no none will be sex links. To make black sex links it needs to be a barred hen and nonbarred rooster.

With the mixed breeds, hybrids, EEs and OEs that's a lot of mixed genes and too many unknowns to know what will be produced.
As for the sex links no none will be sex links. To make black sex links it needs to be a barred hen and nonbarred rooster.
Yes, and for the sex links, the rooster must also be non-white :)

No problem. So many people say whites can't be used.
With a recessive white rooster over a barred hen he will only pass one copy so offspring won't express the white. It would be like breeding a black.
Dominate white doesn't effect red so you can use them for RSL as long as the hen is silver based. The red will show on the pullets.
Most RSL are a RIR type over a dominate white hen.
That's why RSL hens have the white in tails etc instead of black like the sire.

Back
Top Bottom