Is this ring of death? Day 5 or 6

melanie

Songster
10 Years
Feb 16, 2009
Texas
Hi, if you look in the 2:00 position, does this area look bad? Can't tell if this is blood, or something that's supposed to be happening.
009.jpg

Sorry but I haven't figure out how to post photos on here directly. Thanks for any input.

That appears to be a chick that started to grow & died, That is a blood ring. If you have doubts put it back in the incubator & leave it till da7 or 10 & check again

I double checked it, and def. saw it moving same rhythm as a heartbeat. Is it possible it's OK, and will survive?

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, I saw the same thing in a couple of my D'Uccles that are on day 4, although I DID see a beating heart in one that had a ring like that around the veining....
idunno.gif

I'm new to hatching eggs but I have an egg that started out with a ring and I've been watching it very carefully. My egg is a bantam egg and like I said before, it started with a ring. Now, the egg has been in the incubator for about a week and I'm noticing movement and an eyeball. I personally believe that your egg is okay.

I would certainly wait.. It does have a ring.. but it also clearly has an embryo.. make me think it is growing.. by day 7 you should see the embryo moving and "swimming" around.. When ever I have had a ring of death... there was never the vessel development nor the embryo that big.. but that's just me, I would be interested in seeing it at day 7??

I would certainly wait.. It does have a ring.. but it also clearly has an embryo.. make me think it is growing.. by day 7 you should see the embryo moving and "swimming" around..   When ever I have had a ring of death... there was never the vessel development nor the embryo that big.. but that's just me, I would be interested in seeing it at day 7??

This post is from 2013

Back
Top Bottom