Is this rooster and EE or Ameraucana? I think EE

Shades of Blue

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I am new at this so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this rooster is an Ameraucana? However I suspect he might be an EE. I also have a blue Ameraucana rooster here and when they are beside each other this rooster shows the slate gray even more. As you can see he appears to have a lacing pattern on his chest. What do you think?

It looks like an EE, but it's beautiful!!
big_smile.png

thanks everyone.....I think he is real nice also. My son in law needed one less roo for winter.....and I took him. His loss is my gain....lol. I hope he produces nice chicks in the spring with my girls.

Absolutely gorgeous EE cockerel! If you have any EE hens, Put them in a breeding pen and you will get some gorgeous blue toned EE chicks (my favorite
love.gif
).

thank you....I thought he was very unique and my son in law and I both figured he was an Ameraucana but EE is just fine with me since he has the blue gene. I have 5 EE hens so he will be very happy next spring and I put him in his own pen with his girls. I really hope the lacing comes through in the chicks along with the blue. One other person thought he had Blue Birchen Maran characteristics so if that is true maybe I will put my Welsummer in with him also for some olive eggers to be hatched out. I would like winter to begin and be over so spring is closer.....lol.

Back
Top Bottom