Is this rooster and EE or Ameraucana? I think EE

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shades of Blue, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I am new at this so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this rooster is an Ameraucana? However I suspect he might be an EE. I also have a blue Ameraucana rooster here and when they are beside each other this rooster shows the slate gray even more. As you can see he appears to have a lacing pattern on his chest. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    EE Is my guess! But I'm no expert!

3. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Hes an EE. Hes has alot of characteristics of a Ams roo but the white is what would make him a EE!

4. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks like an EE, but it's beautiful!![​IMG]

5. Panth

Panth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Absolutely gorgeous roo!!!!

6. Shades of Blue

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks everyone.....I think he is real nice also. My son in law needed one less roo for winter.....and I took him. His loss is my gain....lol. I hope he produces nice chicks in the spring with my girls.

7. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Absolutely gorgeous EE cockerel! If you have any EE hens, Put them in a breeding pen and you will get some gorgeous blue toned EE chicks (my favorite [​IMG]).

8. Shades of Blue

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thank you....I thought he was very unique and my son in law and I both figured he was an Ameraucana but EE is just fine with me since he has the blue gene. I have 5 EE hens so he will be very happy next spring and I put him in his own pen with his girls. I really hope the lacing comes through in the chicks along with the blue. One other person thought he had Blue Birchen Maran characteristics so if that is true maybe I will put my Welsummer in with him also for some olive eggers to be hatched out. I would like winter to begin and be over so spring is closer.....lol.

9. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    Oh my goodness! What a beauty! :)

10. Shades of Blue

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

thank you....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by