Is this Silkie show quality?

Quote:
I thought it was, but I do not know much about the Show Qualifications. Could she still be shown in a junior class, or is it also a DQ in that class too?

Quote:
I thought it was, but I do not know much about the Show Qualifications. Could she still be shown in a junior class, or is it also a DQ in that class too?

It is a DQ everywhere they have the same rules, there is just less competetion in a junior class which would be why it is easier to win.

First name that popped into my head was Floofana.
idunno.gif

ETA: Pronounced Floo-fawna

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok i dont quite understand all about showing yet.. does DQ mean your bird cant be shown at all or does that mean you get points taken off?

Yes, a red combis a DQ, but that comb is dark enough it would not usually be a DQ--but it would definitely rate much lower than a more properly coloured comb--especially on a white silkie. If the bird are buff or cuckoo, you find combs with more red in them quite frequently, but white is the original colour--the combs should be very dark.

Quote:
I am wondering what she is crossed with then.. I mean she must be crossed with something, even if it was way back when. How else could she have gotten the red comb?
She doesnt have any other red spots on her, and actually she is very dark purple over the rest of her body. I am hoping she will do ok in a junior show.
Thanks
Bri

It's not always a matter of crossings. Sometimes the random red coloration of the comb pops up. Especially with breeders that aren't breeding carefully for the proper color.

Quote:
I am wondering what she is crossed with then.. I mean she must be crossed with something, even if it was way back when. How else could she have gotten the red comb?
She doesnt have any other red spots on her, and actually she is very dark purple over the rest of her body. I am hoping she will do ok in a junior show.
Thanks
Bri

She is def. not a cross, but it happens. I sometimes get OE with white earlobes for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom