Is this the chicks "belly button" that looks infected?

AllForTheExperience

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
This chick has always been smaller & just acted sicklier than my other chicks. When I first got them about a month or so ago I just knew she wasn't going to make it through the night. But she did. Then I thought she may have mites because she had a couple of bald spots & some scabs. I waited & watched to see if any signs showed up on my other chicks(truthfully I was hesitant to mess with the poisons as well). The rest are fine. I did start feeding them medicated starter feed, thought that might help. Well her scabs cleared up & she started looking better. Shes still smaller & is definitely the lowest on the packing order. Well I thought I'd ck her out again & noticed that shes bald in her belly & has a scab/wound on what looks to be her navel but I dont know. If anyone has ever seen this in their chickens & has any info I would greatly appreciate it😊Thank you!
20200606_194518.jpg

This chick has always been smaller & just acted sicklier than my other chicks. When I first got them about a month or so ago I just knew she wasn't going to make it through the night. But she did. Then I thought she may have mites because she had a couple of bald spots & some scabs. I waited & watched to see if any signs showed up on my other chicks(truthfully I was hesitant to mess with the poisons as well). The rest are fine. I did start feeding them medicated starter feed, thought that might help. Well her scabs cleared up & she started looking better. Shes still smaller & is definitely the lowest on the packing order. Well I thought I'd ck her out again & noticed that shes bald in her belly & has a scab/wound on what looks to be her navel but I dont know. If anyone has ever seen this in their chickens & has any info I would greatly appreciate it😊Thank you!View attachment 2181103
one of my chicks had the scab and it went away. i hope the same for yours🙂

Back
Top Bottom