Is this too much for hatching eggs?

You the one with the silkie amaraucana pair? I'll GLADLY trade you some very dark marans eggs, or chicks for that matter, for chicks from that pair.
big_smile.png

WOW!!!!

I never intended to create such controversy!!!!!!

I am the infamous ebay seller of Black Copper Marans.

I sell six eggs six at a time as I only get 3 BC eggs daily and will not ship an egg over 3 days old. I start each auction at no more than $5 and usually at 99 cents. Operative word being AUCTION. I have NEVER bid up my own auction and never will. I have sold lots of Black Copper eggs on and off ebay and have yet to receive a complaint from a buyer. I have replace broken eggs and shipments that didn't hatch. I test fertility weekly and have these same eggs in my bator constantly. They will hatch if not mistreated during shipping and if properly incubated. From reports I have received, hatch rates on my shipped eggs typically run 50% or better. From past experience, thats typical on all shipped eggs.

My birds are pure Wade Jeane Black Copper Marans. They were hatched by Charles Logan who got Wade's birds when Wade got out of the business. I'm pretty sure my birds have never been to France! They don't speak French in my presence, anyway.

Right now, good Black Copper eggs and birds are selling for a lot of money. Next week, we may be eating those lovely dark eggs. Its the nature of the business. If you are buying Black Coppers to make big bucks, I would advise against it.

I hope I have answered all the questions raised about my Black Coppers. If you would more info, please join me and a number of Marans breeders on the Marans of America forum.

I sincerely apologize if I have somehow unknowingly offended you.

Good luck to everyone. Tcole4cac on ebay.

Greg

Quote:
Welcome!!

I am glad to see you here, and thank you for providing your information. I am on the Marans of America Forum as well, and highly respect the established breeders. I in no way would hold you personally responsible for the foolishness that is currently taking place in the Marans Egg Price Market. The prices are driven by the demand and what the buyers are willing to pay.
There are sellers taking advantage of those less informed, selling poor quality/colored eggs, for outrageous prices....but then again theres a fool born every minute.
Thank you for sharing, and for your integrity. I would be proud to own birds from the lines that you have, even if they dont speak french (I think mine do, cause they sure arent speakin plain chicken, they're talkin up more than that!)...
Tina/tfpets

Thanks Tina and Kelly.

Now I guess this is another forum I'll have to watch.........

When will I have time for the chickens?

Greg

Hi, I sent you a pm. No time to post anymore. Gotta run and milk the goats. sWe are full time farmers and daylight has arrived!

I will be selling at $50 a dozen shipped. They are from the "black copper" posting of Jesse that was closed due to volume.

Thanks.

Greg my Black Copper Babies are doing GREAT !! At 4 weeks old today they are little eating machines. Not to be out done by your Cuckoo Marans which are slightly bigger at 4 weeks. Your eggs should start hatching today late this evening or tommorow. Thanks for all of your help getting these wonderful birds. My older Black Coppers are now laying 2-3 eggs per day I have 9 of those in the bator and when the cuckoos come out I have 9 more ready to go in. Making sure they are fertile !! Have a great day. Livia

Quote:
I don't think that you offended anyone. I and a few others posted that the seller does not set the price on these auctions its the buyers and everyone understands that.
Alot of the people that posted on this thread also own and breed the French Black Copper Marans so they understand the nature of this demand right now.

Back
Top Bottom