1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this true??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by YoYofranko, Dec 9, 2010.

1. YoYofranko

YoYofranko Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2010
    York Yorkshire
    Apparently us English dont like white eggs and prefer brown ones, although i dont really care what colour my eggs are, as long as they taste good.

Americans are apparently the opposite and prefer white ones.

I really cant see a difference apart from the colour. What do you prefer?

2. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Brown...just because that is what I grew up eating. Brown eggs from my grandmother's house, she raised chickens.

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I prefer brown eggs, but it has nothing to with the way they taste. Just something about brown eggs that make me feel like a farmer & bring back childhood memories!

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I just found out one of my friends will not eat a brown egg. She thinks they taste horrible! I have been giving her eggs for a couple of years and she just now told me!

5. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I prefer brown eggs now that I am raising them! This is not true for my DH. He will eat the brown eggs but would rather have the white "store bought" ones. When I first started getting brown eggs from my girls, I noticed one day that there was a dozen store bought eggs in the fridge. I asked DH "what are these for?" He said, "There for me, I don't like the eggs that come from chickens." I laughed and asked "Where do you think these come from? His reply - "Sam's". LOL He has since gotten used to the home grown eggs but still doesn't LOVE them like the kids and I do!

6. YoYofranko

Nov 2, 2010
    York Yorkshire
    So in the shops in the US do they sell alot of white eggs. I never thought anything of it at the time but its really rare to find white eggs in shops here, it kind of makes sense now why.

7. GAchick

GAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Pembroke GA
    I prefer blue, green, pink, or brown... anything other than white.... I have all EE's and brown layers....

8. YoYofranko

Nov 2, 2010
    York Yorkshire
    Ive never seen a pink one before, what produces a pink egg?

9. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Flamingos......

10. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]

Too funny!
    I have a buff orpington who lays a rose colored egg, but it is only on the outside, the inside it still white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by