Is this true?

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hope this is in the right section, but anyway. I have seen here on BYC a couple of times to not "pass out" or become unconcious in your chicken coop. I haven't seen any reason why, but my little understanding of chickens has me thinking scary thoughts. Anyway, is this really true? Will chickens start to pick your skin or eyes or something horrible?
hide.gif

Yes.
Chickens have formed support groups around the nation. At the national meeting 8 years ago, it was decided that since humans have chosen to eat them; then they now have reserved the right to reciprocate and eat us whenever the oppurtunity presents itself. Did you know that because we take their eggs they have reserved....... well just never allow your young children to be alone in the coop.
You can learn more about this topic over at backyardchildren.com though.

smile.png

I wouldn't doubt it. One day my dog killed my neighbors cat outside my coop. I didn't find it for a few hours. When I went out there to feed, my Delawares had a good portion of the cat finished.

Hmmm, well it seems the best thing to do is a little experiment. So, who wants to volunteer to be knocked out in their chicken coop?---I'll bring the camera!
gig.gif

One of my Golden Comet pullets had found a dead baby bird, it wasn't fresh, it kinda looked a bit mummified? (the things you find on a farm
roll.png
) but she was all excited and wouldn't let me get it away from her.

Luckily my EEs seem to be vegetarians by choice--they love raisins, grass and letttuce, but I have tried hot dogs, and even a leftover burger---they ate the bun, no meat! So hopefully I'd be safe with them.

Honestly, the flock I would be most concerned about are my little Silkies...
ep.gif

Hahaha, you guys are too funny.

In all seriousness, you'd most likely be perfectly fine if you passed out in your coop. They might peck at you a bit, but they would not do much damage at all. More likely you'd wake up with poop all over you from them using you as a nice roost!

Back
Top Bottom