Is This Unusual?

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
I have two red sex links that are great layers. Everyday, even with winter I get an egg each from them, once in awhile one might skip day.

But, i have a rescued chicken that I don't know what kind she is, but she's smaller then the others and since she's been on layer feed - she's laying an egg (beautiful dark cream color) every OTHER day. Like clockwork every other day.

Is this just her? Is this common for a smaller chicken? She's absolutely fine and has been successfully initiated into the flock, but she has every other day off! Just wondering....

Of course, after I post that question, I just noticed Silkiechicken's answer to someone else....
roll.png
so, I gues mine is a 48 hr layer!

my older hen lays every other day(no clue how old she is, as she was an adult when I rescued her)-

She laid everyday when I first got her, but after a heavy molt during her first winter, when she started up again, she became an every other dayer....I assumed it was the fact she was likely getting up in her age so she was just slowing down. She also went trough a short phase when she laid every third day.

Sandra

Back
Top Bottom