Is this what I think it is? (a rip-off??)

i have egg cartons for sale,, their JUST for hatching eggs,, not eating eggs,, i'll sell to all my friends here for $3 for each 1 dozen carton.

and yes their JUST for hatching,, i took a marker and wrote on them,, " HATCHING EGGS ONLY"

big_smile.png

And before somebody rips on me.. I'm not saying I agree with these practices on ebay, eggbid, etc.. But can't be considered a rip off if the purchaser willingly agrees to pay that amount. I know last year I was trying to find a Wii for my son for xmas, all stores were out. Ebay had them for over $300.. I was very ticked about thinkin why/how can they do that, but it's reality. If you're a seller, you aim is to get as much as you can. Luckily I found the Wii elsewhere. This year it was Mario Kart for Wii.. all stores here out.. ebay they were running 70-80, normally 50. Lady I work with in CT found one and is shipping it to me.

Did I rip them off because I didn't tell them that?

Whether you feel like you ripped them off is a matter of personal ethics as far as I'm concerned.

I have several nice used saddles to sell in the Spring (gave away my super wide horse) and the way I will price them will be what I consider fair to me and the person buying them. And that will be below new price, even for the nice Black Rhino that I could undoubtedly 'make' money on. My personal ethics are that I wouldn't want someone to feel like I ripped them off after the sale was done.

ETA: I hope that doesn't come across as ripping on you, because I am not trying to be that way - just trying to state how I feel about things.​

Last edited:
Quote:
I COMPLETELY agree, cqranch!

If the bidders/buyers are willing to pay that, then what's wrong with it? Maybe they don't live close enough to a Walmart, or even thing they would carry them. I didn't until someone told me from BYC. And believe it or not, there are so many people that aren't web savvy enough to search around for things. They just go to ebay and get what they want and don't think about or care about what they have to pay. They know they need or want it and they get it no matter the cost.

BUT, that said, I wouldn't put a buy it now of a crazy price on them. Maybe a dollar or two more than I paid, for my time and fees. But with an auction, it's totally driven by how much a person is willing to pay or how badly they want/need it.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with you cqranch....my opinion is how can (edited to say how can someone not you personally), live with yourself if you practice this sort of thing. This guy honestly bought them for that and thougth he was helping someone else out by offering them.....I see his point and I feel bad that he had to pay so much!

In this case, the guy honestly bought them for a higher price and thought he was doing a good thing. An auction is an auction and I see it all the time going to the farm ones around here. People will pay double the price for something they can go to Orschelns and get a new one with a warranty for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom