Is this worms?

River Faerie

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
My poor girl had chorizo. I treated her with antibiotic, and separated her. On the heels of that, she got fowl pox. Now I've found this in her coup, and don't know if it came out of her or not. Is it worms? If so, how do I treat it? Thanks!

I can't tell if that is a worm or not, but some good worm meds are Valbazen, Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer, and Safeguard paste. Don't use wazine although every feed store person recommends it, because it only gets roundworms.

It is not segmented. It looks like tiny intestines. This piece was about 4 mm wide, and 5 cm long. It's pink, and it's rubbery. I pulled on it with a stick, and it was elastic enough to not break until I pulled hard. When I got it to break, it was solid inside and broke like silly putty (jagged-ish).

Also, honestly, it's shaped like stool. It's not got an equal diameter throughout, and has a lumpyish non-smooth end.

I haven't seen it before. It just started. She has been pretty sick, but has continued to eat and drink. She wasn't quite over the chorizo (but past the maybe dying part) when she got fowl pox (on her eyes and nose). So, now she's had fowl pox for a bit over a week. I saw these things this morning. It's possible I wouldn't have seen them before, because she's been staying on the upper level of the coup. Last night, it got very cold, and she moved down. So, checking on her this morning caused me to look on the lower level (where she has been defecating all along).

If I had one that did that more than once I would worm. I'm not saying that it is a worm, or caused by them, I just like to rule out worms in case they start to show other symptoms. If you live in the US wormers are very easy to get online or at a feed store. I use Safeguard, but many people here prefer Valbazen.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom