Is this wry neck? Came on suddenly. 4 week old runner duckling. Possible injury.

If you have open stairs he could have reached in to try to get at something and then turned its head wrong and injured his neck trying to get back out.

If you have open stairs he could have reached in to try to get at something and then turned its head wrong and injured his neck trying to get back out.
It's possible. He's actually doing much better now. Standing straight and not sitting anywhere near as often. I suspect maybe he hurt his neck somehow but he's feeling better. Hopefully that's all it is.

You could put some Epsom salt wraps on his neck. Might help with soreness. Take a wash cloth put it into warm water and Epsom salt wring it out so it isn't dripping then place it around his neck.
Great news to hear he is doing better.

Just an update. Stormy is totally fine! After about 24 hrs or so he snapped right out of it.
I've since updated their enclosure so they will not be escaping again and we'll hopefully be moving them to the coop in a week or so. :)

Just an update. Stormy is totally fine! After about 24 hrs or so he snapped right out of it.
I've since updated their enclosure so they will not be escaping again and we'll hopefully be moving them to the coop in a week or so. :)
So glad to hear this. It must have been an injury then he has recovered well. Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom