Is Uno a girl or boy? Olive eggs coming my way?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 6littlechickies, Jun 15, 2009.

1. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Songster

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Hi all! I hatched 6 EE/Buckeye chicks on Mother's day. Mamma(s) were the EE, dad is the Buckeye. I am not sure what i have at this point for any of them but one of them has me pretty curious. I refer to him as Uno b/c he was our first hatchling (I know, my pool of creativity is endless, LOL). anyhow, Uno is a bit bigger than the others and is way more skittish, this was the only chick to give me trouble during the photo session. Being that they are crosses i'm really struggling to identify.
    We will be keeping it either way, i'd just like to know if I should be expecting olive eggs in the fall or another gentlemen for the ladies. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uno is the one in the back in this pic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyone have any ideas? I do hve pics up of the other chicks on my webpage if anyone wants to compare.

thank you in advance!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. I'd guess boy with those feet. With mixes it's hard to tell though, easiest to compare them to the others.

3. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Can't help with the chick, but you have a beautiful child.

4. pixie74943

pixie74943 Songster

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Not a clue, but s/he sure is pretty [​IMG] How old did you say they were?

5. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Songster

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Quote:they are about 5 weeks now, hatched on mother's day and the day after.

6. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Songster

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Quote:why thank you very much, this is our daughter Sydney! she was my helper and just LOVES the chickens, she insisted we put all six on her for this pic (brother was busy rounding up the last two):
    [​IMG]

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Looks like a pullet to me. I would post pictures again in about a month to be sure though. LOVE the pictures!! Reminds me of my kids [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: