*Is very bored...*

Hey, guys, this is for whoever is bored: :lol: What breeds do you think these chicks are? (They're like two-weeks old).
I was told this one is a Buff Orpington, but I think...
0306182214.jpg

0306182214a.jpg

0306182215a.jpg

She's a White Leghorn?

I was told this one is a Jersey Giant, but I think...
0306182217e.jpg

0306182221.jpg

0306182217f.jpg

She's a Barred Rock?

And, do you guys think this one's an Easter Egger? She looks to have the traditional color of them, has light greenish legs, little muffs, and NOT a single comb (I know it's probably a pea comb, but I'll be honest: I can't 'make' it out, lol):
0306182219.jpg

0306182219d.jpg
0306182219e.jpg

Hey, have any of you ever had a chick hatch out and while it was resting somehow managed to get it's toe in it's mouth? I had one like that yesterday, and it was the first one that I hatch that did that! I had to pull it's toe back out of it's mouth.
Lol, nope. :love
Talk later. I'm going to bed. :)
Awe. :( Okay...goodnight! :) I actually need to be getting ready for bed, too! :eek:
:frow

Hey, guys, this is for whoever is bored: :lol: What breeds do you think these chicks are? (They're like two-weeks old).
I was told this one is a Buff Orpington, but I think...
View attachment 1286420
View attachment 1286421
View attachment 1286422
She's a White Leghorn?

I was told this one is a Jersey Giant, but I think...
View attachment 1286423
View attachment 1286431
View attachment 1286424
She's a Barred Rock?

And, do you guys think this one's an Easter Egger? She looks to have the traditional color of them, has light greenish legs, little muffs, and NOT a single comb (I know it's probably a pea comb, but I'll be honest: I can't 'make' it out, lol):
View attachment 1286427
View attachment 1286429 View attachment 1286430

I believe that you are correct on the Barred Rock one, but I don't really have much experience with the chicks of those 3 breeds. I do have the breeders Australorps, and some Crested Cream Legbars. I am also currently hatching out some pure Australorps and some Australorp/naked neck mixes. Next week I have some White Breese hatching eggs coming that will be going into my incubator.

Edit: It was one of the mixed chicks that put it's toe in it's mouth.

Hi! Nice to meet you, Barb! I'm still logged on because I got chicks a few days ago, and was told what breeds they were, but I'm positive at least two of them were mislabeled. So...I've been looking up a bunch of pictures of different breeds around the age mine are to try and figure it out. But, I'm sure I'll know for sure when they're older! :D The wait is just. So. Hard. =)
Hehe... ;) my name is Alayna. Barb Hicken is a lovely hen I own :)

Back
Top Bottom