Isa Brown - hen or rooster?

Quote:
Where did you get them? If from a hatchery, let us know which one. They're oriental gamefowl, but pinning down the specific breed is difficult unless you know what the parent stock was.

Last edited:
Chicken lover - I would give them to you, but I live in Sydney, Australia. Cuban Longtails and Chris - I was just given them by a friend.
What I am finding is they are fighting each and the Isa Browns. If you know of anyone in Sydney, Australia who would like them (2 hens and 1 rooster) let me know.

I did think the bottom 2 pics look like a rooster, thats why I am a bit confused. If they are Isa brown, then I guess they are hens. And thank you for the info on the legs - I am learning so much.

Just an update on my journey of discovery...The 2 whitish fowls in the top picture have been identified as a cross between an Asian Game and an Australian Game. The trio have found a great new home. The ISA Browns are all female - which means I can now look forward to having eggs, and not the neighbours complaining about the rooster...Thank you to all those who helped me and gave me advice. I am sure I will have many more questions as my Chicken adventure continues. Happy New Year to you all.

Quote:This is really some valuable information for me! thanx. I am new to this chicken thing and here are my "pullets" from TSC 3 days ago
these were said to be isa brown pullets

Last edited:
I also have two Isa Browns that my husband thinks are roosters but I was told Isa Brown roosters are white. Can someone tell me if they are hen' or rooster?

Back
Top Bottom