ISA Brown with one blue leg

Her blue leg is the same color as my seabrights legs. Makes me wonder if somewhere in her genealogy, she had some mixing somewhere that ended up as a genetic defect in her?

Its kind of like those stories you hear of the two white parents having a black baby.
That actually happened in a town near my home and after DNA testing showed that the parents were indeed his actual biological parents, they started with genealogy. Turns out, on moms side, there was some hanky panky, decades before, with a plantation owner and his "help" and a baby was born. After years and years, the mom still had black genes in her and produced a baby of a different shade than expected.

Maybe something similar happened here?
Hello fellow poultry people! I have a very strange pullet that I acquired at a few days old from a tractor supply. When I first brought her home she had two yellow legs and recently her leg started to turn blue. She is walking fine and the leg appears healthy. I have scoured the internet and a few books but have found nothing. She was labeled as an ISA brown which I believe to be true. I’m just dumbfounded. The tint is only on her one leg.
View attachment 2349829View attachment 2349830
Is it just me or does it look like the tiny feather stuck her her toe on that left blue leg looks blue as well?

Back
Top Bottom