Isabella cuckoo orpington roo x lemon cuckoo orpington hen

I wonder if you might not just get black cuckoo as you won't have enough of either recessive genes? But I don't know much about isabella or lemon.
Well, if it were rabbits i would know but bird genetics is strange. My first though to yours is where would the black come from? Isabella is partridge and lemon is buff. Both carry barring so offspring should be barred. I have no idea which is dominate between partridge and buff or even if it is as simple dominance. It is entirely possible you are right and the mix up would revert to basic black. I have no idea. Maybe a mix of partridge and buff or pink and green or purple and red or, or or😵😵😵

Haha- i suspect you'll be right a bit of a mix of rainbow colours, happy to be corrected, i just guessed based off the colour calculator http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator though it does say buff is dominant to partridge, so probably buff cuckoo/barred rather than black? my first thought when there's lots of recessive genes is that you'll just end up black with leakage. I'm much better with horse genetics which are also much more simple than chickens. Can't do rabbit genes either- sadly pet ones are illegal here.

Haha- i suspect you'll be right a bit of a mix of rainbow colours, happy to be corrected, i just guessed based off the colour calculator http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator though it does say buff is dominant to partridge, so probably buff cuckoo/barred rather than black? my first thought when there's lots of recessive genes is that you'll just end up black with leakage. I'm much better with horse genetics which are also much more simple than chickens. Can't do rabbit genes either- sadly pet ones are illegal here.
Please don't feel corrected. I was just leaking what little I think I understand and trying to learn, or reason it out.I can't verify anything I said. If you can do horse genetic e you are very close to Rabbit genetics too. Just a few things throw n in. Terminology a little different. I no expert on Rabbit genetics eighther. Hey, I didn't know buff was dominant over partridge .Thank you, you taught me something. Now I get to go see if raccoons got more of my chickens or if we get him in our trap.

Please don't feel corrected. I was just leaking what little I think I understand and trying to learn, or reason it out.I can't verify anything I said. If you can do horse genetic e you are very close to Rabbit genetics too. Just a few things throw n in. Terminology a little different. I no expert on Rabbit genetics eighther. Hey, I didn't know buff was dominant over partridge .Thank you, you taught me something. Now I get to go see if raccoons got more of my chickens or if we get him in our trap.
We got one. Unfortunately she had a mate and he got a dorkin hen. Hopefully we will get him tonight before he gets another chick.

I'll say "better informed" than corrected then, thanks for your help. Sorry about your chickens. We may have lots of things that'll kill you over here, but we have less small fluffy things that eat chickens.

I'll say "better informed" than corrected then, thanks for your help. Sorry about your chickens. We may have lots of things that'll kill you over here, but we have less small fluffy things that eat chickens.
I will take raccoons over your rabbit problems. Better the demons you know, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom