1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ISABELLE LEGHORNS IN USA!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Wheaties, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Wheaties

Wheaties Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    BACKWOODS POULTRY FARM HAS THE ONLY ISABELLE LEGHORNS IN THE USA! Just google the farm name and find out for yourself. Other claim to have the finished work, but we have proof. Leghorns are suppose to have yellow legs, lay white eggs, have large white earlobes. If it does not have these characteristics, it is not a leghorn!

2 people like this.
  2. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Couldn't find it. What is an Isabelle Leghorn?

3. familypendragon

familypendragon Chillin' With My Peeps

I am on the waiting list to hear when they are ready to begin selling these - I think they are so beautiful :)

Here is their page http://www.backwoodspoultryfarm.com/Breeds.html

4. NFTN

NFTN New Egg

Apr 11, 2014
    So super excited! I have been working with Backwoods Poultry for some time now to help develop the Isabelle Leghorns - Now after lots of patience and waiting we have Isabelle Leghorns available to the public!

I have posted a young breeding pair on www.rarebreedauctions.com and Backwoods Poultry has also listed a pair available via auction.

5. NFTN

NFTN New Egg

Apr 11, 2014
    So super excited! I have been working with Backwoods Poultry for some time now to help develop the Isabelle Leghorns - Now after lots of patience and waiting we have Isabelle Leghorns available to the public! Such a beautiful bird![​IMG]

6. NFTN

NFTN New Egg

Apr 11, 2014
    More Pictures of My Isabelle Leghorns! I have 4 breeding pair available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Nice, thanks for the Update

8. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    They are very pretty!

9. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I wonder if this page can be revived-
    Here are my Isabelle Leghorns enjoying a warm December day today with a communal dust bath. Does anybody else have Isabelle Leghorns?[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens

According to the first post in this thread---only you...right? They are gorgeous.

11. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    No, not only me. They are not common, but there are other people that have them. I think they are gorgeous too! Here is a picture from a few minutes ago of the rooster I am using for breeding and one of the hens.[​IMG]

Mine are directly from Backwoods Poultry here in TN. He is the first post on this thread. Thank you for your interest!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by