Isbar thread

Pics
Wisconsin, but could travel to Minnesota, the U.P., and northern Illinois to pick up chicks.
We usually go to Chicago over Christmas and I could hatch some and bring them up then. God willing, I may even have a few started pairs available by then, including some from GFF new import line.
wink.png

Some pages back someone posted about finishing the auto sexing part of Isbars. I thought this would be a great project. After you breed the BC1 together, would the offspring then be auto sexing? and then you would keep breeding those offspring together to make the auto sexing a trait, right? I know next to nothing about genetics, as I'm just getting started, so please speak as simply as possible ;)

Is there a SOP in Europe for Isbars?
Just trying to decide what I SHOULD be looking for in my birds. I have one from a mix of older lines and then I have several from the 2013 line and the two groups look nothing alike.

Is there a SOP in Europe for Isbars?
Just trying to decide what I SHOULD be looking for in my birds. I have one from a mix of older lines and then I have several from the 2013 line and the two groups look nothing alike.
Not to my knowledge, but I surely don't know much! I don't think they are a "finished" or standardized breed at all. I'm choosing for general egg-laying breed good conformation and character as well as egg color. A longer back with lower tailset, good width between the pelvic bones and distance from keel to pelvis, etc. Feed efficiency, calm disposition, EXCELLENT lay rates as this is one of the traits of Isbars, and I won't put a pullet in the breeder pen that lays anything but a minty green to a light sagey green. No tannish/brownish or olive tones will be bred. Isbars should not look like a dual purpose or heavy breed IMO. Is this helpful?

I would also like to see photos of the different lines you are working with.

The newer line are bigger birds, and better looking IMO. BUT they have a lot more color variation ( one is a birchen, one is colored like a blue copper marans) and I've got some pea combs, a floppy comb, different leg colors, etc. Somethings are obvious culls (pea comb)

The newer line are bigger birds, and better looking IMO. BUT they have a lot more color variation ( one is a birchen, one is colored like a blue copper marans) and I've got some pea combs, a floppy comb, different leg colors, etc. Somethings are obvious culls (pea comb)
They may be "better looking" but I find this very disappointing. What breed in the background has a pea comb?

Back
Top Bottom