Isbar thread

I have 3 new Isbar chicks from GFF's. At 6 wks old there is ne doubt we have a rooster as he started crowing this morning! This seems very unusual, but those that have had Isbars have you seen this so early?

The youngest I've ever had a crower was at one day. It's only happened to me once. And it was an Isbar. I have a video of it somewhere . . .

On the topic of color, I find that it not only depends on the camera, but also the monitor. The same picture on my monitor looks slightly different on my work monitor and quite a bit different on my phone. So editing a photo to "true up" color is only trueing it up for your monitor. There is a color chart, the "online auction color chart", which is actually a 12 page booklet, which shows lots of shades of lots of colors. You could lay your egg(s) next the best color match(es) for the photo, or name the corresponding color number(s). Anyone who has this chart can easily reference their chart for an accurate color regardless of what their monitor is displaying or how the camera captured the color. JMHO. (Now where did I put my chart . . . ?)

On the topic of color, I find that it not only depends on the camera, but also the monitor. The same picture on my monitor looks slightly different on my work monitor and quite a bit different on my phone. So editing a photo to "true up" color is only trueing it up for your monitor. There is a color chart, the "online auction color chart", which is actually a 12 page booklet, which shows lots of shades of lots of colors. You could lay your egg(s) next the best color match(es) for the photo, or name the corresponding color number(s). Anyone who has this chart can easily reference their chart for an accurate color regardless of what their monitor is displaying or how the camera captured the color. JMHO. (Now where did I put my chart . . . ?)
I have some of those charts and was going to try to make an Isbar color chart using it, but I can not find a current source for them. It's not going to be much use if no one can find them.
hmm.png
Have you seen a source for them recently?

I have some of those charts and was going to try to make an Isbar color chart using it, but I can not find a current source for them. It's not going to be much use if no one can find them.
hmm.png
Have you seen a source for them recently?
That would be wonderful if you could come up with a color chart!!

The maran people have one... Isbar should too :)

I have 3 new Isbar chicks from GFF's. At 6 wks old there is ne doubt we have a rooster as he started crowing this morning! This seems very unusual, but those that have had Isbars have you seen this so early?
I think mine were a little later, but I've had Hedemora start that young and those with Icelandics said their cockerels start pretty early too. Must be the Nordic blood ;)

I think mine were a little later, but I've had Hedemora start that young and those with Icelandics said their cockerels start pretty early too. Must be the Nordic blood ;)
I have a Norwegian Jaerhon that hatched end of Jan, started (trying) to crow the beginning of March. I couldn't believe it. He was very polite about not practicing at night, they were still brooding in the living room!

Hi isbar friends,
I have isbars that are about 6 months old. Splash, blue and black. Some have quite bright green legs send others have black, does this matter.? For breeding what should I be looking for in terms of form and color?
Thanks, I can send pics too

The color of green to breed for in eggs is in the eye of the beholder at this point. I very much like the variety of greens I get from my Isbars. To evaluate for breeding purposes, make sure the inside of the eggshell is blue (you may need to peel back the white membrane to see that). 

That was the second thing I did when I finally cracked one of her eggs looking for fertility.
True blue....
(and thank you, I appreciate your reply)
BTW: Just got this color from her this morning...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom