Isbar thread

Have either of you seen feather legs on your Isbars - which would indicate Marans influence...or even stray feathers?
I have a 1st import black hen that occasionally throws chicks with feathered legs though she doesn't have any feathers or stubs on her own legs. She is the only one that I have from that breeder and she has been removed from my breeding program. Her eggs are much darker green than my other girls, so they are easy to tell apart. She has great form and a lovely dark green egg color, so I will keep her around and use her in a project capacity to see if I can get rid of the feathered leg genes while keeping the good qualities. I have heard of a couple of instances in the 2nd import of feathered legs, but didn't get any with feathered legs in my 2nd import chicks.

It is not just feathered legs that speak "Marans influence" to me. It is the size, copper hackles, white or pink base color on the legs, stockier form and eye color of some of the 2nd import.

At lockdown. 2 more days, honestly getting so impatient.
smile.png
Any news?
fl.gif
pop.gif

Any news? :fl  :pop

This is what I'm looking at. Temp is good. Humidity is a touch higher than I'd maybe like, but there isn't excess condensation on the glass like there usually is. Maybe I left them dry too long. I snuck one out like lightning, candled. I see a beak poked through the air cell and moving. Still nada this evening that I can see. Not going to lie, my hopes are dropping some. $160 later, I could have taken my chances with 2nd import GFF chicks by now. I'm still going to give them a few more days as their Andalusian companions are day 21 today and therefor 2 behind the Isbars.

My poor sister probably thinks I'm psycho. I pulled her over to the incubator, saw the pip. Punched her in the arm and exclaimed loudly, "look, it pipped!" She's just visiting but tolerates my crazy chicken talk about genetics and breeding plans all the time.

Omg Finally!! Not out of the woods yet, but this has been killin' me. These guys need that peeping motivation.
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif
PEEP
jumpy.gif
PEEP
jumpy.gif
PEEP
jumpy.gif
PEEP
jumpy.gif
PEEP
jumpy.gif