Isbar thread

Pics
I have a question for you all.
My plan had been to set up a separate pen for my Isbars, so they wouldn't be in with my laying chickens. After talking with the hubby, I realized the pen we have really is large enough for both groups. I still just need to build a larger coop...
SanAntoneChicken has more Isbar Roos then he needs, and they are the same age as my girls. Is there any harm in adding him to the flock now, and getting the rest of my Isbars after my larger coop is set up?
Thanks for your input! ~Naomi

We just ordered our first set of Isbar hatching eggs- you all have some gorgeous ones here on this thread! Can't wait to join your numbers!

From Oklahoma-
Rinda

In most cases to introduce a rooster into a pen with other roosters it can be devastating. Sometimes putting a wire inbetween them and watching them for a few days will help ease their temper and allow them to get use to one another - sometimes not....

It is really just trial and error.

Thanks,
Richard

I have a question for you all.
My plan had been to set up a separate pen for my Isbars, so they wouldn't be in with my laying chickens. After talking with the hubby, I realized the pen we have really is large enough for both groups. I still just need to build a larger coop...
SanAntoneChicken has more Isbar Roos then he needs, and they are the same age as my girls. Is there any harm in adding him to the flock now, and getting the rest of my Isbars after my larger coop is set up?
Thanks for your input! ~Naomi

Thanks for the input Richerd. I only have 19 pullets right now. No Roosters. So I wouldn't have a my Roo's against his problem. I am hopeing that with all of them being only 12 weeks the transition would be easier?

Oh ok - you should be fine. One roo with that many pullets could lower fertility rate of you are into hatching.

Thanks for the input Richerd. I only have 19 pullets right now. No Roosters. So I wouldn't have a my Roo's against his problem. I am hopeing that with all of them being only 12 weeks the transition would be easier?

He has 3 Isbar Roo's available, all 12 week old. I do want to get into hatching too. I want to mostly breed Isbars though. I will still need to get some Isbar Pullets to add to my flock...

Our eggs arrived first thing this morning (Thursday), I know The Sheriff sent them Tuesday. That's pretty impressive to make it from California to Oklahoma like that! Got 24 (ordered 14) so all in all I am hopeful for a successful hatch! My only problem is that I didn't plan so well and my incubator is occupied at the moment... but after some thinking called a friend and borrowed her (currently empty) incubator so I can go ahead and start these tomorrow!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom