Isn't it neat that.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Mar 14, 2008.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Isn't it neat that you can store eggs for such a long time without them going bad!? my current clutch that is in the bator are eggs that i collected 2 1/2 weeks before i put them in and 17 out of 20 are developing great... i just think its wierd.

P.S. They are due on the 30th!

2. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it's great they last so long, and stay good. My MIL had gotten some of my eggs back in Dec. and she threw them out as they had set in the refrigerator since then. My husband told her they would be good yet, but she was determined to throw them out. I doubt she even checked them. It's not like the store botten eggs you get from the store. See if she gets anymore from me. [​IMG]

3. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:LOL...............I guess she will never expierience the taste of farm fresh eggs

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well, if the eggs are a month or two old, not quite farm fresh any more is it? :p You can still eat them, just be a bit thicker and best used in recipes or whipped with milk.

5. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

They watched the ranch over Christmas while we were gone and gathered eggs and fed the chickens and made sure they had water. They are hardly ever home, but she could have used them for baking. She's never really been on a ranch, and is fairly new to the lifestyle. She grew up around Denver, CO. A city girl! She tries real hard though!

6. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    iduno....growing up with my mom's cooking....anything is fresh.................not that it tasted bad or anything, but i think since then ive become ammune to food poisoning...LOL:)

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG]:lau:lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by