Isn't naked necks a dominant trait?

Would the cock naked neck rooster have naked necked babies if they are from an O.E.G hen?

Hi! It depends on whether the Naked Neck rooster is NaNa (small or no bow-tie) or Nana (big bowtie).
If he is NaNa, then all the chicks will have naked necks. If he is Nana, then 50% of the chicks will have naked necks and 50% will have feather necks (not naked neck).
Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa​

Thanks! I was just asking because I have a chick that is brown. All of my chicks are chipmunk or black. Well I was looking at its toes and it has two toes that look like spurs, the same thing wrong with my turken rooster. None of my other chickens has odd toes. By to looks of it, hes Nana, right?

87193_100_2275.jpg

I would guess he's Nana from the size of the bow tie.....but,,,cripes....is he really blue in the face?

He looks like he OUGHT to have webbed feet or tentacles.......!

If he were mine, I would DEFINITELY breed from him.

Yep he is Nana- expect half naked neck and half not naked neck(the poor things) chicks.

Sounds like you're describing polydactyly- extra toes as found on silkies. The rear toes on many of those stick upwards and could imagine that looking kind of like spurs With that trait and skin, he's probably a naked neck and silkie mix. btw- polydactyly is dominant too, but varies quite a bit. If you don't want this, just keep the chicks with normal toes.

Does he have some feathers on legs too?

Have to say he is not full blooded- if the weird toe thing you mention of is polydactyly, that plus his dark skin and being Nana shows he is not full blooded & shows very strong evidence he has some silkie(which have dark skin, extra toes- plus leg feathers if this roo has some) in his ancestry. He's very cool bird, but not full blooded TNN.

His feather color also shows mixing, color-wise at least.

Mixed birds with naked necks being sold as turken/churken/naked neck/TNN is very, very common.

Back
Top Bottom