Issue while unzipping

Ok. Helped baby out and it seemed to go smoothly but I might have done it too late… breathing seems labored. I don’t know how to post video 😢
You can upload a video to YouTube, & link it back here.

It may pull through. I'd offer some water once it's perky. Dehydration is a killer.

Ok. Helped baby out and it seemed to go smoothly but I might have done it too late… breathing seems labored. I don’t know how to post video 😢
You can upload a video to YouTube, & link it back here.

It may pull through. I'd offer some water once it's perky. Dehydration is a killer.
i agree, it might be tired from such a tiring hatch. Some type of electrolyte might help it perk up enough to start feeding once it is able to take down liquids. heard people use sugar water but i haven't tried it.

i agree, it might be tired from such a tiring hatch. Some type of electrolyte might help it perk up enough to start feeding once it is able to take down liquids. heard people use sugar water but i haven't tried it.
I am really hoping she/he pulls through… how do you get past knowing that you’re the reason most of the babies dried up inside their shell because you didn’t add enough water? My hatch before this had a 13/14 success rate and I didn’t do anything differently this time 😔 I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness and anger towards myself.

I am really hoping she/he pulls through… how do you get past knowing that you’re the reason most of the babies dried up inside their shell because you didn’t add enough water? My hatch before this had a 13/14 success rate and I didn’t do anything differently this time 😔 I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness and anger towards myself.
You shouldn't be too hard on yourself as some chicks just might not be strong enough to survive and that is why they have trouble getting out of the shell. I have sucessfully helped out chicks out of their shells only to find out they have issues that won't let them survive to adulthood.

Not sure if yours were shipped but shipped eggs have even more complications. More are born weak, some hatch upside down and drown, ect. Sometimes we make mistakes when incubating so don't hate on yourself too much :hugs. Wishing the little one pulls through :fl

It's probably just tired. Did you put it back into the incubator or into a brooder?
When you hatch chicks there is going to be mistakes. Next time you will be more informed. We have all made mistakes. Only time will help you feel better.

It's probably just tired. Did you put it back into the incubator or into a brooder?

When you hatch chicks there is going to be mistakes. Next time you will be more informed. We have all made mistakes. Only time will help you feel better.
I put it into the incubator, should it be in the brooder?

House humidity is also important. I keep a thermometer/Hygrometer to monitor the house temperature, & humidity.

I use this data to determine how much water I'd need to add to the incubator later when it needs a refill. I also use the wet hatch method, not dry hatch.

Back
Top Bottom