Issue while unzipping

I am really hoping she/he pulls through… how do you get past knowing that you’re the reason most of the babies dried up inside their shell because you didn’t add enough water? My hatch before this had a 13/14 success rate and I didn’t do anything differently this time 😔 I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness and anger towards myself.
We've all made a mistake at some point. I've made the mistake of not using back up, hygrometers/thermometers.

Well, the two who hatched just fine are in a different room in a brooder. But the chick in the incubator is the only one in there.

How is it doing now? Can you post a picture?
What’s sad is she’s been in here ever since I helped her out and she doesn’t seem to be getting any better and I don’t know what to do. Her breathing is still laborer, chirps every now and again, can’t stand but manages to hobble around, isn’t drying off really. She looks awful.

Attachments

• 219E7528-0C73-43D4-A392-3F69551E0EE7.jpeg
    219E7528-0C73-43D4-A392-3F69551E0EE7.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 5
What’s sad is she’s been in here ever since I helped her out and she doesn’t seem to be getting any better and I don’t know what to do. Her breathing is still laborer, chirps every now and again, can’t stand but manages to hobble around, isn’t drying off really. She looks awful.
She was a sticky chick from what it looks like.

You can assist with the drying process by gently fluffing the down with a paper towl.

She was a sticky chick from what it looks like.

You can assist with the drying process by gently fluffing the down with a paper towl.
I tried but didn’t seem to make any difference. She can’t even keep her head up or walk. Her beak opens every second as she labors her breaths…. Just seems like she isn’t going to make it and I’m facing the choice of letting her suffer or putting her out of her misery and idk what to do.

I tried but didn’t seem to make any difference. She can’t even keep her head up or walk. Her beak opens every second as she labors her breaths…. Just seems like she isn’t going to make it and I’m facing the choice of letting her suffer or putting her out of her misery and idk what to do.
I'd give it until morning. Either S/he pulls through, or may pass.

But if you feel it's necessary, go ahead, & put her/him down.

When I have sticky chicks, as soon as I see a struggle, I assist.

Back
Top Bottom